Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Breaking the Fast...

And whenever you fast, do not look dismal, like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces so as to show others that they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward. But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, so that your fasting may be seen not by others but by your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you. - Matthew 6:16-18


Apparently, I've decided to take a week-long fast from my 40 days of blogging pledge. It seems as though I'm really, really good at it, because I didn't once disfigure my face so as to show you I was fasting. My head is anointed, and my face is scrubbed. My Father, who sees in secret (but not in a creepy, stalker-ish kind of way) has rewarded me with leisure clothes and a nice visit from my mom.

I'll make sure to go back and fill you in on all the goings-on of the Flemming family during this week, which includes a lot of sporting events and pancakes, and currently, a feverish Jackson. But, for now, my fast has been broken, and I'm stashing away the sackcloth and ashes.

No comments: