Sunday, April 12, 2009

Christos Anesti! Alithos Anesti!

Christ is Risen!

He is Risen, indeed!

Alleluia!

I sent a message to the St. Mark UMC Facebook group just moments before the close of the long, dark Saturday. After the Good Friday service, I drove home in a storm that filled me with a sense of terror. As hail pounded on my roof and drowned out the attempts I'd made to comfort myself with loud-blaring music, I remembered that on the darkest of days, the temple curtain tore, and God could no longer be contained by the heavens. In our sadness, God chose not to abandon us, but to enter fully into the world, to live and breathe and even die.

But, this morning, we gathered to worship together - some, a brave few, came for the sunrise. The tomb was empty. A new word sprang to our lips, and despair turned to joy.

This is the day we live for, as Christians. The best day. The happiest day. The day when even Death died, and Life as we know it was changed forever.Happy Easter to you all, on this most Holy and Blessed of days.

Love, Mandy, Matt, Jackson and Cooper James

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally agree. To me, Holy Week and Easter are the most meaningful holidays in our Christian calendar. I find the greatest joy in these days.