Friday, January 9, 2009

A blog about the blog











Reverend Mama: Popular Pages


167 revmamaflemming.blogspot.com/2009/01/why-im-in-favor-of-same-sex-marriages.html


146 revmamaflemming.blogspot.com/


92 www.revmamaflemming.blogspot.com/


So, wow.

I post my stats from Tuesday's post here so that you can revel with me in the overwhelming popularity of the article. As you can see, it is so popular that it's more referenced than my actual blog address. This took some serious work from you readers!

Most days, I get about 50 hits a day, and I swear only about 10 of those are mine. I've gotten some new readers when posts get added to Fidelia's Sisters or Divine Caroline, but as you can see, Tuesday's post was read by more than just the average readership. In fact, so many of you read and re-read, forwarded and linked this post, that I had a whopping 238 new readers and 400 page loads in a SINGLE DAY. On Wednesday, it showed up here, at the Reconciling Ministries blog site.

I've gotten, and continue to get, comments of support and encouragement. You've linked this as your Facebook profile status, copied it to friends, and I've heard from many whom I know, and more whom I don't.

Truly, this is a story worth sharing.

I want to say thank you for your support, but beyond that, I want to invite you to share your own story in a comment below. This story is not even really mine to tell. It belongs to the faithful and devoted members of Saint Mark, and to all the people who encourage and support the GLBT community in our church and society. I appreciate you calling me brave, but it was not my bravery that wrote this story. All I can do is share it, and pray that it makes a difference in changing the minds and hearts of many.

Blessings and love to you all.

Humbly,
Mandy

No comments: