Monday, July 7, 2008

Starting Out...

Hi All!

So, in a job like mine, I do a lot of writing. Most of the time that writing gets shuffled down to the bottom of My Documents folder, ne'er to be seen again. So, after some coersion from friends and eagerness to get feedback on a broader scale, I think it's time for me to join the blogging world. Plus, I'm rotten at keeping up with short-term events, and I'm hoping that this will be a way to encourage me to post some regular thoughts on being a mom, minister, wife, and individual. So, here goes! Thanks for your prayers. Thanks for reading (mom!). Thanks for being a part of all of this.

I am a part of all that I have met;
Yet all experience is an arch wherethro’
Gleams that untravell’d world, whose margin fades
For ever and for ever when I move.
How dull it is to pause, to make an end,
To rust unburnish’d, not to shine in use!
As tho’ to breathe were life. Life piled on life
Were all too little, and of one to me
Little remains: but every hour is saved
From that eternal silence, something more,
A bringer of new things; and vile it were
For some three suns to store and hoard myself,
And this gray spirit yearning in desire
To follow knowledge like a sinking star,
Beyond the utmost bound of human thought.

- Alfred Lord Tennyson, Ulysses

3 comments:

MattFlemming said...

Love,

Congratulations on the creation of your blog. It will be a blessing to us all. In honor of your first post, I believe that one turn of Tennyson deserves another.

To you:

Thou, from the first, unborn, undying Love,

Albeit we gaze not on thy glories near,

Before the face of God didst breathe and move,

Though night and pain and rain and death reign here.

Thou foldest, like a golden atmosphere,

The very throne of the eternal God;

Passing through thee the edicts of his fear

Are mellowed into music, borne abroad

By the loud winds, though they uprend the sea,

Even from its central deeps: thine empery

Is over all; thou wilt not brook eclipse;

Thou goest and returnest to His leeps

Like lightning: thou dost ever brood above

The silence of all hearts, unutterable Love.
-"Love"

Matt

Geoff said...

Mandy-

Welcome to the tumultuous sea of the blogsphere, my friend. I'll be watching closely...and once you're experienced, get you to guest blog for me ;)

Seriously, I look forward to you contributions and insights.

Grace and peace,
Geoff

Anonymous said...

I am SO humbled now. Love your blog. I look forward to all of your wisdom.
Cheryl Thompson